Please direct your Donations to our agency partners
As the SLO Food Bank focuses on serving the community through our neighborhood food distributions and home-delivery services, we unfortunately don’t have the staffing bandwidth to receive your shelf-stable household donations at this time. We are excited for the day when we can take your nutritious gifts once again. In the meantime, please reach out to the following nonprofits that operate in partnership with the SLO Food Bank to serve their local communities:
- CAPSLO 40 Prado Homeless Services Center @ 40 Prado Rd. San Luis Obispo
- Loaves & Fishes @ 2650 26th St. Paso Robles
- The Salvation Army @ 815 Islay Rd. San Luis Obispo
- The Salvation Army @ 1550 W. Branch St. Arroyo Grande
Please review the lists below before bringing food donations. Items that are low sodium, low sugar, and whole grain help us provide well-balanced and nutritious meals to people who don’t have enough to eat. If you’re donating as a family, this is a great way to educate your kids about nutritious choices!
The SLO Food Bank is still accepting food donations from commercial producers. If you would like to schedule a delivery or pick-up of your large donation, please contact our Inventory Coordinator Cliff Mendez.
Register with GleanSLO
Are you a commercial grower or private homeowner with fruit trees, orchards or fields that produce more fresh fruits or vegetables than you can harvest?
Check out our GleanSLO program, which organizes volunteers to harvest fresh produce. Donations are tax deductible. (Some California growers may be eligible for a 10 percent tax credit.) Volunteers sign up online and check off a liability waiver that protects crop owners.
Fruits & Vegetables: Vitamins & Minerals
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Canned tomatoes (juice and sauce)
- Dried fruit and vegetables
Whole Grains: Long-Lasting Energy
- Whole grain crackers
- Low sugar/high fiber cereals
- Whole grain pasta and rice
Protein: Fuel For Muscles
- Canned tuna, salmon or chicken
- Soups low in sodium
- Dried and canned beans and peas
- Peanut butter