Thank you for helping us deliver on our vital and caring mission!
Your Gift Ensures That No One Goes Hungry In SLO County
Hunger, unfortunately, affects people of all ages from all walks of life year-round. With the current reality of increased living costs on the Central Coast, adequate access to nutritious food remains a pain point for thousands of SLO County residents. Together, we can bridge the gap to a brighter, more bountiful tomorrow.
Our development team is available to assist you should you need help in making a charitable contribution. To learn more or address your questions, please email our Development Director, Branna Still, or call (805) 457-5453.
To make a donation, choose from the following options:
Donate Now • Recurring Gift • PayPal • Venmo • Mail • Dedication Gift • Crypto • Vehicles • Payroll Deduction • Stocks or Appreciated Securities • Donor Portal
SLO Food Bank is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation organized exclusively for charitable purposes. Tax ID #77-0210727.
Invest In Your Community With A Recurring Gift
When you sign up to be a recurring donor, you automatically become a HEART (Hunger Ending Action Response Team) member. You will join a group of dedicated supporters who are making a lasting commitment to end hunger in our community.
HEART Program Benefits
- Quarterly updates on the happenings at SLO Food Bank made possible by their contributions
- A personalized HEART Card for each Recurring Donor
- Access to a network of business interested in showing their appreciation to HEART cardholders through a special experience
- Annual statements for seamless tax preparation
- Hassle-free, automatic donations made on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis (your choice)
- Flexibility to change or suspend your recurring gift at any time
Donate with PayPal
People around the world are using PayPal to reach unprecedented levels of charitable giving. Now you can support the SLO Food Bank by making charitable donations with PayPal.
Donate by Mail
If you prefer to donate by mail, please make your check payable to SLO Food Bank and send to:
SLO Food Bank
1180 Kendall Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Make a gift in honor of someone you care about
For each donation, we will send a hand-written, customized card to your loved one telling them that a donation was made in their name by you. We will even share the incredible impact of your gift in terms of them how many nutritious meals will be provided to hungry children, isolated seniors, and struggling family members based on the strength of your kindness! However, the actual amount of your gift will be excluded from the card.
There are a couple ways you can make this donation:
If you would like to donate online, please click here.
Please make sure to include the name, address and email for your honoree.
Donate via Check or Cash
Another way to make this donation would be to write a check for the total amount and enclose a list of names and addresses for the honorees and the amount you would like to donate to each family. You can mail your donation to: SLO Food Bank, 1180 Kendall Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
We are excited to now accept donations in crypto currency! Our partner Every.org accepts crypto donations directly, then sends out a cash grant to us. They handle accepting crypto securely and currently accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, and USD Coin through the site, and for donations worth more than $5k USD they support thousands of tokens.
When you donate a vehicle to benefit the SLO Food Bank, you turn your car, truck, RV, or boat into financial support for those facing hunger in our community – which is beautiful. Thank you.
We partner with Charitable Adult Rides & Services (CARS), another 501c(3), to make this process easy for you to convert any vehicle into healthy meals.
How It Works
- Send your Information Complete the donation form with your contact information and vehicle information. Or call 855-500-7433 (RIDE) seven days a week from 5:00 a.m. – to 9:00 p.m. PST to start the process.
- Receive Instructions CARS will contact you with the following steps and additional information to make this donation process smooth.
- Arrange Pick-Up CARS will coordinate the pick-up with you for free.
- Make a Lasting Impact CARS will sell your vehicle through their network to gain the maximum return and send the SLO Food Bank net proceeds five business days after the transaction. You will receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation, and the proceeds from your vehicle’s sale will provide nourishment and relief to those struggling with hunger or access to nutritious food.
Payroll deductions are one of the easiest ways to support the SLO Food Bank. Simply ask your Human Resources Department to automatically deduct your donation from your paycheck. Gifts can be either one-time or recurring.
Payroll deductions are a convenient, affordable and tax-deductible way to support our community. Employee giving provides year-round support, which is critical to sustaining our community’s food safety net.
Gifts Of Stock Or Appreciated Securities
You initiate a transformative change by contributing appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares. The seamless transfer of these assets to the SLO Food Bank results in funds that fuel our programs and services, enabling us to make a meaningful impact on hunger-related challenges in the area. Your contribution becomes a catalyst for positive change, benefiting those in need while also creating advantages for you.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The cost of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.