Thank you for helping us deliver on our vital and caring mission!
Your Gift Ensures That No One Goes Hungry In SLO County
72% of the SLO Food Bank’s operational funds come from donations. Your contribution is extremely valuable and will help provide food to our neighbors in SLO County who are food insecure.
Our development team is available to assist you should you need help in making a charitable contribution. To learn more or address your questions, please email our Development Director, Branna Still, or call (805) 369-9968.
501c3 Non-Profit Tax ID # 77-02-107-27
Invest In Your Community With An Ongoing Monthly Gift
When you sign up to be a monthly donor you automatically become a HEART (Hunger Ending Action Response Team) member. You will join a group of dedicated supporters who are making a lasting commitment to end hunger in our community.
Monthly Giving Circle Membership Benefits
- Annual statements for seamless tax preparation
- Special annual event for Monthly Giving Circle members
- Hassle-free, automatic monthly donations
- Flexibility to change or suspend your monthly gift at any time
Donate with PayPal
People around the world are using PayPal to reach unprecedented levels of charitable giving. Now you can support the SLO Food Bank by making charitable donations with PayPal.
Donate by Mail
If you prefer to donate by mail, please make your check payable to SLO Food Bank and send to:
SLO Food Bank
1180 Kendall Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Donate to GleanSLO
San Luis Obispo County is a region of agricultural abundance, yet not everyone has consistent access to fresh fruits and vegetables. Currently, more than 58 million pounds of produce are left to rot in fields every year. The SLO Food Bank’s GleanSLO program rescues food that would otherwise go to waste from farms, orchards and backyards.
Make a gift in honor of someone you care about
For each donation of $20 or greater, we will send a hand-written, customized card to your loved one telling them that a donation was made in their name by you. We will even share the incredible impact of your gift in terms of them how many nutritious meals will be provided to hungry children, isolated seniors, and struggling family members based on the strength of your kindness! However, the actual amount of your gift will be excluded from the card.
There are a couple ways you can make this donation:
If you would like to donate online, please click here and check the dedication box.
Please make sure to include the name, address and email for your honoree.
Donate via Check or Cash
Another way to make this donation would be to write a check for the total amount and enclose a list of names and addresses for the honorees and the amount you would like to donate to each family. You can mail your donation to: SLO Food Bank, 1180 Kendall Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
When you donate a vehicle to benefit the SLO Food Bank, you turn your car, truck, RV, or boat into financial support for those facing hunger in our community – and that is a beautiful thing.
Gifts Of Stock Or Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to the SLO Food Bank.
- The SLO Food Bank sells your securities and uses the proceeds for our programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The cost of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
Click here for more information concerning pertinent stock brokerage information.
Do you want to tell us more about your gift? Please use our Contact Form to reach out to us.