The SLO Food Bank is open
We will not be closing when our community needs us most. Our food distribution sites are not cancelled due to the COVID-19 crisis. The same applies to our nonprofit agency partners (meal sites and pantries) whose services are also essential to SLO County.
Please click below for more information on additional food services in SLO County:
TEMPORARY CHANGES & UPDATES
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Loaves and Fishes, Paso Robles on the 3rd Thursday of each month has been canceled indefinitely.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Cuesta Community College in SLO on December 21st, 2021 has been moved to December 7th, 2021.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Cuesta Community College in Paso Robles on December 21st, 2021 has been moved to December 7th, 2021.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Vintage Community Church in Templeton on December 24th, 2021 has been moved to December 17th, 2021 from 2:00-2:30pm.
- The next Neighborhood Food Distribution at Oak Park Housing Authority will be on December 10th only. The distribution on December 24th has been cancelled.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Paso Robles Senior Center on December 28th, 2021 has been canceled.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Cal Poly University on December 28th, 2021 has been canceled.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Dana Elementary in Nipomo on December 28th, 2021 has been moved to December 21st, 2021.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Oceanside Apartments in San Simeon on December 28th, 2021 has been moved to December 21st, 2021.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Cayucos Community Church on December 29th, 2021 has been canceled.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Soto Park in Arroyo Grande on December 29th, 2021 has been canceled.
- The Neighborhood Food Distribution at Rock Harbor Church in Morro Bay on January 2nd, 2022 has been moved to January 8th, 2022.
Senior Home Delivery program
Partnering with Ride-On Transportation and Wilshire Community Services, the SLO Food Bank’s Senior Home Delivery program provides weekly grocery deliveries to low-income, homebound older adults facing food insecurity in San Luis Obispo county.
Individuals are eligible if:
- They meet the income guidelines for the Emergency Food Assistance Program
- They are aged 60 and up
- They are homebound for any reason, including health and transportation restrictions and access barriers to our traditional services
To enroll, please contact Jessica Devereaux from Wilshire Community Services at 805-547-7025 ext. 2217 (office) or 805-858-8288 (cell)
Find Food in Your Neighborhood
The SLO Food Bank partners with agencies throughout the county who provide pantry and meal services for their communities.
Check out our new Food Locator below for locations and times of the SLO Food Bank’s Neighborhood Food Distributions, as well as pantries and meal sites from agency partners. (All pantry and meal sites are overseen by independent nonprofit organizations; please contact them directly for information regarding their services.)
All of our Neighborhood Food Distributions are free to income-eligible recipients, open to the public, and located in every community countywide.
Looking to pick up food for someone else? Please complete an Alternate Pick-Up Form on their behalf and bring it with you to the food distribution. Forms should be completed ahead of time, and a new one should be presented each time food is picked up.
Many nonprofit organizations are changing their service hours and capabilities in response to the COVID-19 emergency. We are doing our best to maintain an up-to-date list of free meals and pantries throughout the county. Please call ahead to verify hours and available services.
If you see your nonprofit listed with incorrect information on our Food Locator, please contact us, and we will promptly update it.