Turkey Trot 2021
Welcome to the Turkey Trot – November 25, 2021
We are happy to announce that, this year, the Turkey Trot will combine the traditional gathering in Avila Beach with the virtual elements from 2021. Your participation will help raise awareness about hunger in SLO County, and all fundraising efforts will help provide holiday meals to those in need.
Everyone interested in participating in the Turkey Trot taking place at 8:30am on Thanksgiving morning can sign up below.
- The in-person trot is a 2-mile walk that begins at the Avila Beach Promenade and continues down the Bob Jones Trail.
- The virtual trot can be a walk, run or hike on your own or with family and closest friends at a location of your choice.
Additional Pick Up Locations for T-Shirts and Socks
- SLO Food Bank Warehouse at 1180 Kendall Road in San Luis Obispo from Monday, November 22, until Wednesday, November 24, from 9-4pm.
- Avila Beach Promenade at 8:00am on Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 25)
Turkey Trot Prizes
- Selfie on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #sloturkeytrot2021: one of five $50 Running Warehouse gift cards.
- Top individual fundraiser: One $100 Running Warehouse gift card.
- Top team fundraiser: One $250 Lube N Go gift card.
- Fundraisers can earn SLO Food Bank swag for reaching fundraising milestones.
Plan your trot with SLO City of Parks & Recreation’s trail suggestions!
Click here to see a list of trails from easy to advanced throughout San Luis Obispo. You may see some fellow trotters on these trails!
We are excited to have you join us on Thanksgiving morning at 8:30 am as we trot across SLO County to raise awareness about hunger in our community!
Please scroll down for more detailed information about this year’s Turkey Trot.
The annual Turkey Trot creates awareness about food insecurity in our community and raises vital funds to provide nourishment and cheer to individuals and families during the holidays. Participants can create a team or an individual fundraising page to easily share with their friends and family. SLO Food Bank themed swag will be available for certain fundraising milestones but can also be forfeited to have the entire fundraising effort purchase holiday meals.
Everyone who registers will receive one event t-shirt and one pair of DryMax socks. To ensure that participants receive their preferred t-shirt size, they are encouraged to register by October 29, however, registration for the event will be open until Thanksgiving morning.
Fundraise and Share to Win
Great prizes await the participants of the Turkey Trot. Everyone who registers and posts a selfie on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #sloturkeytrot2021 will enter a raffle for a chance to win one of five $50 Running Warehouse gift cards. A $100 Running Warehouse gift card will be awarded to the top individual fundraiser, and a $250 Lube N Go gift card will be awarded to the top fundraising team.
Thank you to our sponsors!